Our friends at SVA’s Products of Design, which launched in 2011, have some remaining Summer Desk Rentals available at their Chelsea (NYC) location, and are looking for a few good makers to fill the vacancies. Having visited the space I can tell you it’s a gorgeous facility, with great views, and the co-workers there are always brimming with energy and activity.
MFA in Products of Design is proud to offer its Summer Desk Rental program for the second year. All proceeds go to supporting the program and its students. We are ideally located in the heart of Chelsea on 21st Street between 6th and 7th Avenues, close to several subway stops. The location is a sun-drenched 7th floor, is designed by andArchitects, and features the following amenities:
- Modern furnishings, open space, measuring 4800 square feet
- 1 block from the 23rd St 1, L 2 blocks from 23rd St N/R, 6.
- Steps away from Trader Joes Whole Foods.
- Dedicated desk (28″ x 56″) chair w/ drawer and stow-away space
- Spacious community kitchen
- Refrigerator, microwave, toasters, kitchen coffee maker + other kitchen appliances
- High speed wireless Internet (1Gbps/dual band)
- 24-Hour key card access to secured office space
- Large reservable meeting rooms equipped with projectors speaker systems
- Phone booth w/ recharge station
- Color Canon Copier c5030 (Print/scan/fax/copy) high-res scanner
- Lobby level security desk
- Lounge area with sofas and beanbag chairs
- Limited bike parking
- Dedicated photobooth area
Residency begins on Monday, May 27th and completes on Friday, August 23rd.
All tenants are required to purchase a 3-month “Summer Season pass” for $1500 (This translates to $500/month, per desk).
This is a great opportunity to engage fellow makers, artists, and designers, to discuss ideas, and potentially collaborate on future endeavors.
There are also a limited number of spots available for immediate move-in for interested makers. See the SVA Products of Design website for more details and to apply.
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/makezineonline/~3/RZLpBaHEPWs/