Reader Rob created this home screen with an old school look and some timeless super heroes.
Here’s another theme I’ve been…assembling. I’m using:
- Here’s the original 8-bit Avengers artwork for the wallpaper. I stumbled across it while looking for a t-shirt. For my phone I recreated a vector version of it since I initially wanted to have a close up of individual characters on my screens to the left and right. That was just a bit too much for my liking though.
- ADWLauncher EX for the 5×5 screens, hidden notification bar, etc.
- Minimalistic Text for the date.
- BeWeather is my weather widget of choice this time around. I made the weather icons again. Actually a couple different sets in this theme…to varying degrees of success.
- Widgetsoid for the flashlight toggle. The icon you see for it is actually an image I set as the background of the 1×1 flashlight widget with the real toggle icon hidden.
- WidgetLocker is handling the lock screen. I usually don’t use anything there, but so far so good. The camera and lock options are hidden until you touch the black ICS-style unlocker in the middle. They fade in and out nicely.
I tried to find an icon set in a similar style and came up with very little worthwhile. There was one theme I found in the store but the selection of icons was extremely limited…and it was like $1.25.
I wanted to keep things as consistent as possible so I just made a matching set of app and weather icons in the same color pallete and style as the wallpaper.
I’m up to 45 icons so far. I’ll probably try to get a set up on my DeviantArt page after I flesh it out a little more and adjust some. Possibly the weather set as well but it also needs a little work.
For more Avengers goodness, check out our previous Avengers Assemble home screen, too.
Do you have an awesome, tweaked-into-oblivion home or lock screen of your own that you’d like to share? Go ahead and post it on the #homescreenshowcase forum with a description of how you made it and it may be the next featured home screen.