Facebook’s photo viewer gets an upgrade, Google Voice gets better integration with ICS, and ISPs sign on to combat online crime.
- Improving the Photos Experience: Facebook’s photo viewer now supports much higher resolutions and fullscreen viewing. [Facebook Newsroom]
- Google Voice for Android, Now with Ice Cream Sandwich Voicemail Integration: Users with Android 4.0 or greater can now link the Google Voice app directly to their call log, letting you jump straight from a missed call entry to the voicemail message. [Google Mobile Blog]
- ISPs Commit to New Cybersecurity Measures: A coalition of internet service providers covering 80% of US broadband subscribers agreed to FCC recommendations to combat botnets, domain spoofing, and route hijacking. [Computerworld]
- Apple’s Safari Browser Vulnerable to Address Bar Spoofing Exploit in iOS 5.1: Dutch firm MajorSecurity found a vulnerability that would allow links to open a new browser window with a false URL, where users could be tricked into entering sensitive information. [The Next Web]
- The New Firefox Home Page: The Firefox beta now features a redesigned default homepage, with a Google search box and a large toolbar along the bottom linking to popular features like bookmarks, add-ons, and previous session restore. [Ghacks]