Dropbox adds Facebook friends to your sharing options, Apple brings customer QA to its product pages, and the FAA considers looser rules on passenger gadgets.
- Share Dropbox Folders with Facebook Friends: You can now invite your Facebook friends to share a Dropbox folder if you link the two services. [Life Rocks! 2.0]
- Apple Launches ‘Answers from the Community’ Support Listings on Product Pages: Apple’s online product listings now include community questions and answers, at least some of them migrated from the product support forums. [The Next Web]
- The FAA May Soon Allow Electronic Device Use During Takeoff: The organization is looking to revamp the onerous process for getting devices approved for use during takeoff and landing. [Gizmodo]
- Mozilla to Support H.264 on Mobile: Backing off their position of supporting only open video formats, Mozilla will be adding H.264 decoding to mobile products in the face of “market reality.” [Mozilla Links]
- ATT Sets Single-Day Record for iPad Sales, Activations: Apple and ATT are both claiming the best launch day sales for any iPad to date, but are closemouthed on the details. [Apple Insider]
- Customers Complain of Overheating iPads: New iPad owners are turning up on both official and unofficial support forums complaining of excessive heat from the device’s lower left-hand corner. How widespread the issue is and what could be causing it remain uncertain. [The Unofficial Apple Weblog]