Come one, come “awl” to the Exploratorium this weekend as the Tinkering Studio hosts the third of four Open MAKE Saturdays, this month on the theme of TOOLS. Explore your own creativity with makers from around the Bay Area, who will share their art, ingenuity, and techniques for making.
The event runs from 10am to 2pm on the third Saturday of each month through April. We’ll tap into the Tool theme with activities like welding with Tim Hunkin, felting with Moxie, and Henna with Darcy Vasudev. And as always, much much more! Gareth Branwyn, Editor-in-Chief of Makezine.com, will end the day with riveting interviews with these too-tool-for-school makers:
- Tim Hunkin, the engineer-turned-cartoonist-turned-TV-creator (check out his The Secret Life of Machines)
- Moxie a needlefelter extraordinaire
- Chef Elizabeth Falkner, of Citizen Cake fame
- David Lang and Eric Stackpole on their OpenROV, a treasure-hunting vehicle
- Benjamin Cowden with his quirky machines
The “Meet the Makers” interviews will be webcast live — click here to watch.
To learn more about some of the activities and Makers who will be there Saturday, take a look at the Tinkering Studio’s blog.
For those who missed last month’s Open Make, on the theme of Time, you can watch February’s Meet the Makers interviews, and you can see pictures from the whole event, too.
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/makezineonline/~3/XP5TYB_mbho/